ARE YOU BEING SERVED?
How can you get better service from your bank? As STUART WEMYSS explains, there are ways to achieve customer satisfaction with your lender. Here’s my big task – writing an article about the service banks provide without swearing or being too derogatory. As a person who works in the finance industry, I very rarely come … Read More
TRADING PLACES- TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL?
If you’re planning to upgrade your current home, should you sell it or keep it as an investment property? This is the question most people ask themselves at least once during their lifetime. Story STUART WEMYSS The first home people purchase is generally not going to be their home for the rest of their lives. … Read More
STRUCTURING FOR THE FUTURE WITH COMPANIES AND TRUSTS
How do you borrow funds for an investment property through a trust or company? Story STUART WEMYSS More and more investors are starting to think about the legal structures that they have in place when investing in property, or any other assets for that matter. It’s important to maintain perspective when considering legal structures, because … Read More
STRUCTURING FOR THE FUTURE
How can you avoid being trapped in a bad loan structure? BY STUART WEMYSS A poor loan structure is the most insidious and commonly overlooked mortgage issue by investors, accountants and mortgage brokers. In my article last year (published in the February/March 2004 issue of API) I set out a step-by-step example of how an … Read More
INVESTING IN PARTNERSHIPS
There are strong risks associated with borrowing money in a partnership. STUART WEMYSS looks at possible strategies for alleviating some of those risks. There are many reasons why investors might want to partner up together to invest in real estate. Prices of properties in capital cities have dramatically increased over the past five years. You … Read More
- How does the location of your house drive your investment strategy?February 10, 2016
- What if you approached building your personal wealth with the same energy that you bring to your career?November 04, 2015
- Three million dollar questionsSeptember 03, 2015
- The pros and cons of borrowing to invest with a buddyJuly 13, 2015
- Can you have your cashflow cake and a piece of the capital growth property pie?April 17, 2015
- Exploring the world of wraps – a special property investment reportApril 14, 2015